After breaking the suspense that has been kept by Google, Google's Cloud File Storage And Sharing Service, Google Drive Is Now Live. As a Googler describes in their Official Blog Post, Google Drive is your place for where you can create, share, collaborate, and keep all of your stuff. Through this launch, Google has put their foots to the pathway of cloud computing and related services to go ahead.
We don't need to hear a description of Google Drive's features and services since most of us are using cloud computing in internet whether knowing ourselves or not. As other cloud services offer, You can upload and access all of your files, including videos, photos, Google Docs, PDFs and beyond. As the description shows, Google Drive is still not being a stand alone service rather than an upgrade from existing Google Docs.
Of course, before going to access Google Drive,You have to know some essential facts about Google Drive before jumping into drive.google.com since you are stepping up to the cloud computing services by Google.
- Google Drive is Live Now And it offers 5 GB Of Free Cloud Storage to get started with it. If the storage space is not enough for you, Google Also Offers Upgrades of 25GB for $2.49/month, 100GB for $4.99/month or even 1TB for $49.99/month
- Drive will allow 30+ file types to open natively in the browser, including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and HD video
- Desktop Applications for Windows And Mac OS X Are Available Today among with Android Apps but iOS Users should wait a few weeks to get integrated with Google Drive
- Once you have used Google Drive, you can't get back to Google Docs because you will be redirected to Google Drive. Of course the redirection is in the way of total re-branding.
And after keeping all this facts in mind, you can directly jump into the world of Google Drive. Google Drive team has given an complete list of activities that can be done through Google Drive and the special features differs Google Drive from Other Cloud Storage Services. Read Those Facts As Follows
- Create and collaborate. Google Docs is built right into Google Drive, so you can work with others in real time on documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Once you choose to share content with others, you can add and reply to comments on anything (PDF, image, video file, etc.) and receive notifications when other people comment on shared items.
- Store everything safely and access it anywhere (especially while on the go). All your stuff is just... there. You can access your stuff from anywhere—on the web, in your home, at the office, while running errands and from all of your devices. You can install Drive on your Mac or PC and can download the Drive app to your Android phone or tablet. We’re also working hard on a Drive app for your iOS devices. And regardless of platform, blind users can access Drive with a screen reader.
- Search everything. Search by keyword and filter by file type, owner and more. Drive can even recognize text in scanned documents using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology. Let’s say you upload a scanned image of an old newspaper clipping. You can search for a word from the text of the actual article. We also use image recognition so that if you drag and drop photos from your Grand Canyon trip into Drive, you can later search for [grand canyon] and photos of its gorges should pop up. This technology is still in its early stages, and we expect it to get better over time.
Google Drive has acquired a deep integration with Google's Social Networking Service, Google Plus. As a part of this integration, A dedicated button has been added to the existing photo upload menu bar, which shares photos images with users’ circles with just a few clicks. Google also confirms that users will be able attach stuff from Google Drive to their Gmail Mails. Google's Denis Ho has given a list of steps to add photos in Google+ directly from Google Drive.
First activate your Google Drive (at drive.google.com) and add some photos. Next:
- Click in the Google+ sharebox to create a new post
- Click the camera icon, then select From Google Drive
- Choose photos from either My Drive or Shared with me (see screenshots)
Once you’ve selected your favorite shots, just pick the circles you want to share with, and you’re done!
However, Since Google drive is offering no more services rather than a sharing feature, its only an upgrade to Google Docs actually. And of course other cloud file storage services like Dropbox are safe until Google is adding new and exciting( They do always except April Fool) services into Google Drive.
Even there is no more to excite users, its a nice service for buissness and individuals to keep their data from safe and access it from variety of devices with help of Google's powerful Servers.