Famous and widely CMS and Blogging Platform, Wordpress has released it's third version (v3.0) of iOS Application. This update comes with a bunch of bug fixes and includes lots of new features for iOS users. Update has covered Push Notification Support, New Toolbar and Overall improved Performance (Especially For Apple iPad.)
When expanded, Wordpress.com users can get Push Notification, Swipe to Approve Toolbar Features and 44 Bugs have been fixed through this update. The team also included that Version 3.1 is under construction and will be released on June which will add sliding panels, a slide-out iPhone/iPod Touch menu, post formats and additional iPad stats. As per the details from Wordpress For iOS blog, the main contents in update are,
- Push Notifications for WordPress.com : If you have a WordPress.com blog added to the app, you’ll now be able to opt in to receive push notifications of new comments, which makes it easier than ever to keep up with your readers and moderate comments on the go.
- Swipe-to-moderate Toolbar : Swipe over any comment in the Comments list to bring up a moderation toolbar – no need to use bulk moderation or go to the comment permalink. It’s right there, and it’s fast. Another nifty change is the highlighting of new comments in the Comments list when you’ve refreshed, it makes it easy to see what’s new.
- Vastly improved performance : especially for iPad. Version 2.9.6 was the most stable version of WordPress for iOS ever, until now. Over 44 bugs and crashes were fixed in this release.
- Translations added : for Chinese (Taiwan), Hungarian, and Polish (thanks for the translation help!)
Still the mobile offerings of this Blogging Platform Giant, Wordpress were difficult to carry and use as well. None of the versions were ready for the word 'Perfect.' But through this update and it's continuations, Wordpress is also going to satisfy mobile users too while Smartphones are to exceed in number and usage of internet through it. Wordpress blog also adds that following features will have a rush into upcoming versions of Wordpress For iOS.
- Image settings in post editor to set Title, Description, Alignment, Size, and more.
- Simple visual editor for text formatting options.
- Support for Galleries.
- Improved post/page Preview.
- Simpler access to Save Draft and other publishing settings.
- Quick Photo with “advanced” fields such as tags, categories.
- Push notifications for self-hosted blogs through Jetpack.
- Support for setting Featured Images.
Since Wordpress is an open source project, it has mentioned some developers who worked for this release of Wordpress For iOS v3.0 including koke,irbrad, aerych, daniloercoli, mrroundhill, rhc3, boctor, isaackeyet. And also pointed a question, 'Are You Next'. So wordpress for iOS is to grab new developers for their venture and if you are interested in helping WP For iOS Development, You may get into Official Blog Of Wordpress For iOS Development.
By the Way Don't For Get to